Happy National Wine Day!!!
Today we have a guest featured post! My best friend, Mara Frey, who I might add turns 27 this weekend (happy birthday!) conducted a tasting for us all to enjoy!
The best part of modern wines is that it’s ok to pick based on the label, and that is exactly what I did when I found Prophecy. I’m currently into finding my “Inner Goddess” (as are all female millennials) and so of course as I am staring at the refrigerated wines in my local liquor store I am drawn to a beautiful pink rosé named Goddess of Fortune. The sweet delicate label and the thrifty price had me sold. I can tell you that the bottle did not last more than a night and this tasting was done with my second purchase of this sweet delicate delight. I hope you can take time to find your own Prophecy and enjoy!
wine name: prophecy, goddess of fortune
- clarity (clear or hazy): clear
- intensity (pale, medium, or deep): medium
- color (describe the shade of the wine): delicate bright pink
- condition (clean or unclean): clean and subtle
- intensity (light, medium, strong): light/medium once activated
- aromas (what do you smell): fruity apple, strawberries, melon, citrus
- sweetness (dry, off-dry, medium, sweet): more dry, but with a light sweet flavoring to it
- acidity + tannin level (low, medium, high): light acidity and tannin
- body (light, medium, or full): bold
- flavors (what do you taste): Strawberry, apples, honey and soft citrus notes left to linger on your tongue
- finish (how long does it linger with you): light finish
conclusion (0-5): 5